CIAO ITALY! MOSCOT ORIGINALS SUNGLASS COLLECTION NOW AVAILABLE AT SPECIALTY STORES AND BOUTIQUES ACROSS ITALY
– MOSCOT Eyewear and Eyecare Since 1915, announced today that its best selling sunglass styles from the world famous MOSCOT Originals collection are now available for purchase in specialty stores and boutiques across Italy – making it even easier for Italian fans of the brand to find their perfect pair of MOSCOT Originals sunglasses – prego! The entire collection, including ophthalmic frames and sunglasses, has been available in optical shops across the country since its initial introduction to the Italian marketplace late last year.
The newly-made MOSCOT Originals frames are based on styles from the MOSCOT family archives from the 1930s, 40s, 50s and 60s, retaining the authenticity of the original frames right down to real glass lenses in the sunglasses and lens colors that precisely duplicate the true old school colors first fabricated by the company in the 1940s. The collection has met with tremendous success worldwide since first being launched in the United States in 2003.
Specialty stores and boutiques will initially stock the following sunglass frame styles, with additional styles to be incorporated throughout the year:
– Make a statement (political or otherwise!) with these classic men’s frames that are reminiscent of Malcolm X.
– The Nebb meets the Vilda with a few hardware embellishments for a universal frame style that has a tad less attitude but is definitely no wallflower.
– The round, full-view shape, eponymously named after a family uncle, is clean, smart and fastidious. First introduced in the 1930's,the frame with the longest lineage is sleek and understated just like the powerful outsiders who made the frames famous — think Andy Warhol, John Lennon, Harry Truman and Gandhi, to name a few.
– Made famous by Johnny Depp who is often photographed wearing the frame, this rounder, nerdier number has served as the calling card for generations of creative, thoughtful, free-spirited intellectuals and artistés — from Buddy Holly to Truman.
– Pure FDR style that enters the room before you do. Worn by strong, industrial, bold men who know how to keep it cool.
– Cary Grant meets Woody Allen for a polished, clean, refined look, with bold
color and zero exposed hardware. Our grandfather, Sol, would be so proud.
THE NEBB LIMITED EDITION
– Inspired by New York City-based fashion designer, Chris Benz, these four eye-catching colors of one of the most popular styles are a limited edition run! Each frame has been numbered for authenticity and once they sell out, they are all gone for good!
For a complete list of Italian optical shops and specialty boutiques and optical that stock the collection, please visit http://www.moscot.com/locations.
The collection is also sold at MOSCOT New York City store locations, online via www.moscot.com
, and at specialty boutiques and optical shops across Europe, Japan and the US.